Sunday, October 14, 2007

Artistic Heart Prompt - Courage

Vale's Courage
Karen's Courage
Time for our first prompt at The Altered Heart! This week I chose the word courage. You can interpret the word any way you like and do a heart shaped piece or use a heart in your work.

You can read more about my page on
my blog. Post a link to your work in the comment section, so we can come check it out! Karen.

What a wonderful word to start off with, Karen! Thank you!
And I've now added my entry for this week, using the word 'courage', it's on the left. This was the very first thing that came to mind. I've used a Zetti stamp, Spider Writers and Color Mists to create this heart, along with a personal observation. Vale :)
You can view my blog here: http://bluejournalgypsy.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Vale said...

This is wonderful Karen! I love your use of texture around the photo of yourself. And btw, it sure is nice to finally see the face of the person that I chat with! lol I applaud your courage my friend. Thanks so much for choosing our very first prompt! I shall go now and conjure up something based on what came to my mind for the word 'courage'.
Warm hugs from Vale :)

Anonymous said...

Karen, very nice . This is a wonderful idea and I hope to join in .
Robin Krieger

Anonymous said...

Hope this is O.K. It's what I thought of right away.

Anonymous said...

OOPS! Here is the link
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1241/4327648/9348753/283474773.jpg

Anonymous said...

I just posted my altered heart for this weeks word on my art blog. heres the link .
http://360.yahoo.com/petalpainter2002
I hope you like it
thanks
Robin

Anonymous said...

Love the butterfly, Robin --such beautiful colours.

Anonymous said...

Lizbethem thanks
robin

Vale said...

Lizbeth, very beautiful entry you have created...very well said, and something everyone should think about. Thanks for playing with us this week!
Vale :)

Vale said...

Robin, I love how you have combined the heart and butterfly, and the colours are gorgeous, as is the background! Thank you for joining in with us!
Vale :)

Anonymous said...

Lizbethme, I just took a look at your card . very nice . comes from the heart and leaves a heart print .
robin

Anonymous said...

Vale, thanks . I like this idea of using one word . I am looking forward to the next one . Robin

Anonymous said...

Thanks Robin and Vale :)

Connie said...

I made an altered heart necklace, inspired by your blog. however, until I read this weeks "prompt" I forgot it was to have a theme, which is probably why in my mind the necklace had a deadline to be finished by Saturday! But I guess it qualifies for this weeks prompt. it is definiely "grunge" or weathered looking. It's on my blog.
connie